Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help with Power windows in vr exec

Gwr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr executive 5.0
Hi I'm new to this forum and as the title says I'm after some help with power windows in my vr if searched the forums and can't find a straight answer as I was installing my new stereo I noticed it has the power window looms same as my vs berlina under the stereo does this mean it will be a straight forward conversion

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
If the P/W looms run into the doors then the wiring will be easy with the switches and regulators but AFAIK you need the correct BCM for powering on and off..

Gwr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr executive 5.0
Well I guess I better get the door trims of and have a look inside and see what's there

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Car manufactures will often put the same loom in different models to save time and money on making a different loom for each model.
Usually the higher end looms are fitted through out the range.
It doesn't mean that whatever you connect them to will work, due to the BCM level and missing plugs and wires.
More than likely, you will have to replace the BCM to suit whatever you are fitting.