Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ power train mode, safety mode, complete shut down

b.sim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ commodore acclaim 2006
I was driving and out of no where the check power train appeared then the safety mode came on, I took it to the nearest mechanic and had it scanned the mechanic said it appeared to have no major problems but couldn't work out what has going on after an hour or so the only answer was that when my car (auto) was in park and drive the car thought it was in neutral cause of some electric fault, just wondering if any one knows anything about this?

Also this morning I was driving to work and the check brake light came up and the car shut down completed just stopped on the road, i've got to work and aren't driving it until I can work out what's happening with it,

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Sorry to say, but that sounds suspiciously like early pcm failure to me.

VZ5.7

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV Manual Sedan
Never had an auto myself but my Dad had issues with the gear stick position switch on his auto VN years ago, wouldn't start even in Park and Neutral so he had to replace the part, perhaps a defective part on a later model can send incorrect signals to the computer and cause such a problem? As for the check brake light warning, I was told a similar story about a VU-VZ ute by a mate who manages an Ultratune, after they were unable to find any issues with the car they asked the owner if he'd done anything at all to his car recently and was told "only thing I've done is change the tail lights to after market ones" (possibly LED as they don't put much load on the circuit and could confuse the computer) Anyway they re-fitted the factory lights and the problem was gone... they couldn't say why but it was fixed.