Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

spark plugs

sutton

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT EXEC
My vt wagon is running ****. Seems to cough and sputter as u accellerate away from stationary. However, it seems to be powerful first thing in the morning until it warms up and starts to sputter? Didnt kniow what it was seeing as it was not long serviced. I replaced ignition coils, crank angle sensor, ran injector cleaner through and still seemed to be sputtering under acceleration? It was nearly about time for another service, so i went and got the lot. spark plugs, oil, oil filter, air filter and fuel filter. Although i didnt get time to do the fuel filter. Next day, my car was good meaning it must have been the plugs?? I only use cheap NGK pugs and alas, within 3wks i'd say, it's running **** again? What is it most likely to be? The ignition leads? How do i check them? And what else should i look at replacing? Thanks for the help

Clayton355

Bring it on
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vnss
Shitty fuel man pull plugs out again if tips r a lil pink theres ya problem

carbie what carbie sir now Free

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Ignition leads are my guess.

sutton

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT EXEC
have checked codes, it saying normal. And have replaced coils already. It still ran **** until i changed the plugs. I'll pull the plugs out 2moro and check for pink? If they are, are they wrecked or can i clean them at all? And if it is **** fuel then, will the fuel pump and some more injector cleaner do the job? I've been leaning more towards leads myself as the springs look like they've seen better days? And i will replace them But i cant afford any leads for a few days yet. And with the fuel filter, u need special tools, dont u? Any hints and tips to improvise so i may be able to avoid that? or am i better off with proper tools? Also, i have a bigger dilemma really. Some silly oncoming girl hung a right in front of me and i plowed into her at 50km/h. She insured, im not. They're damage to bonnet, both guards, both headlights, front bumper and released tensioned seatbelts. Its a fairly neat late 98 VT Wagon, 170,000km. Paid $5,800 for it 18 months ago, What am i looking at for market value? Got a quote for front end without seatbelts included for $3700 but havent put through yet. And received voicemail from insurance company assessor cpl days ago and I'm putting off ringing them back as I know its gonna be the end of my car. And also, due to a different incident, i have a small crack in the rear bumper and have snapped off my fuel filler door. Will an assessor look at these damaged and missing parts and subtract market value from me? Is it worth trying to get them fixed before he writes it off? It doesnt leak or use oil but the bay could still use a clean, should i clean before or will he think im trying to cover the leaks? And also, a friend has told me as it is only really cosmetic damage and nothing structural. He thinks it will be a repairable write off, and because it's not my insurance company, he thinks I will automatically get the wreck back without having to buy it? Does anyone know anything about this at all that can give me some advice, I've got no idea. But I will be really pissed off at a certain stupid *@%* if my beautiful baby is taken away so soon with so low kms! Thanks again guys, really appreciate it!

sutton

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT EXEC
Just wrote a mass reply for the last half hr asking for some MUCH MORE NEEDED HELP and says it needs to be approved and it's gone (No chance to copy and paste). Did it to me earlier and post still hasnt been put up. I can't re-write it all, I REALLY hope admin have it and will post it shortly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
doesn't really matter that your not insured as her insurance will cover most of it as far as I know,you just have to put a claim into her insurance company yourself instead of it being one by an insurance company,you will still be at least 10 percent to blame as you were there unfortunately,they prob will write it off but you will be reimbursed market value unless you want to keep the car then they will minus the value of the car from your payment

no offence to you but you should have had at least bomb insurance not the one on rego to at least cover you if you ran into the back of a merc etc

hope this helps