Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Not just another Immobilizer Issue

St8iZ

Yes MMAAAATTTEEEEEE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman
Just recently purchased a VYII Ute and i'm having an Immobilizer problem ... the issue is it will crank but not start ... sometimes it wont crank at all ... the immobilizer light still flashes locked but it will start after a few or a lot of tries ... It passed a roadworthy and my mechanic ran a tech2 over it and came back with Immobilizer ring fault ... he cleared all faults from the computer record which worked a treat but only for that day ... since then i have replaced the ring but same issue keeps coming up ...

On the other side the key is what looks like a none genuine case as in no holden logo and cheap ebay buttons and the buttons dont work at all so i have to manually unlock and lock my car with the key in the door ... my question is this

Does the central locking button when pressed to unlock disable the immobilizer before entry and is it possible i just need a new key to fix this problem?

After comparing keys with my Statesman key it seems that my statesman keys immobilizer part on the key protrudes an extra couple of mm's so that might also be an issue but just seeing if anyone out there has been through this forum and tried all the advice but still not finding the solution ... Ive been through all the treads here in relation to this yet nothing has fixed it without going for a new bcm etc. any help will be great

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
The immobilizer and the keyless entry/central locking are two different circuits entirely. So, the remote not working SHOULD NOT affect the starting of the vehicle at all. On the end of the key head you have the little silver ball. It needs to make good contact and be clean as well the ring on the barrel. Cheaper replacement keys have the ball sitting too low and won't always transmit their data packet properly.... if at all.

St8iZ

Yes MMAAAATTTEEEEEE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman
yeah thats what i thought just by comparing the key to my other cars key ... had the feeling it had nothing to do with the central but thought it would be worth asking ... it does need a new key anyway so might just get a new one and see how it goes

St8iZ

Yes MMAAAATTTEEEEEE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman
Just an update ... recently got a new key as the problem kept up and at times the car would not start ... AND guess what ... yes i was right ... the unlock button on the key when pressed does disable the immobilizer ... unlocking it at the door with no battery power in the key does not turn off immobilizer ... so all fixed hope this might help someone out

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Theres two ways the car can get the codes to disable te immobiliser

1. Via the Unlock feature on the remote. think its got a 30-45 sec delay before the immoboliser is reactivated
2. Via the key RF CODE sender unit, which uses physical contact bwteen the RF Code sender point (little knob next to the key) and once this touches the vehicle code reciever unit via the O-Ring round the barrel, disables the immobiliser, again time delayed to reactivate if removed or left in Accessories only

Glad you got it sorted though