Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alternator isn't charging battery replaced with second hand from wreckers.. Help!

Claire90

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt 50th annerversay
Hey my battery light was on for a week then car wouldn't start died in middle of road when when to take off, got battery world out and they said it was the alternator went to wreckers bought a second hand one with 30 days warranty. Installed went to work following morning finished and my car wouldn't start got a jump start going through flinders street and all dash lights went off but the abs was on car put putted along at about 5ks would kick in go faster then when I stopped at lights put putted again battery was ####ed so replaced with new got a volt metre on it and alternator isn't charging battery wondering if it's a faulty alternator or wiring or a fuse any help is awesome thank u it's a vt 1998 with 155,000 k's I hocked a sub and amp up that's when problem started power to it comes off terminal for alternator on battery which hooks upto thing that goes on battery terminal and amp turns on when CD player is on and off getting that fixed soon for now I took wire out so amp won't turn on

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
My head hurts.

Did you remember to put the small plug back into the rear of the new alternator? Not just the heavy duty wire that bolts on. Failing that, verify the fusible link is intact and that the car is giving the alternator the correct signal telling it to charge.

Furthermore, try a fullstop and perhaps a comma from time to time. I really don't have much of an idea of what your trying to tell us, as it looks like you have verbal diarrhea.

Claire90

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt 50th annerversay
Brrt I was on a short break at work. I'll have a look in the morning,I had a friend hook it up so don't know....