Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Horn and Steering Wheel Control Wiring

ChrisOk1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX S Pac
So recently I put a VY steering wheel into my VX and it has created a bunch of electrical gremlins for me. When I plugged everything in stuff started going wrong. The horn no longer worked (the steering wheel I bought came with the adapter for the horn) so it was plugged in and the steering wheel controls only did two things, they would turn the volume up one and then only turn mute on and off. I noticed that the steering wheel controls and the horn shared a common wire, so I took the steering wheel controls off and plugged the horn in. I know the wiring on the horn on the steering wheel end is correct cause I purposely plugged it in to the steering wheel control plug and when I pressed the horn the volume would go down. I plugged it back into the horn plug and the horn no longer worked (I had always had troubles with my horn so I thought nothing of it). I have the steering wheel controls off and yet while I'm driving the radio still turns itself up down and all around so I'm not sure what is going on at the moment. Any advice?

ChrisOk1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX S Pac
I've been reading around and my airbag light is off but I'm reading that it may be the clock spring. Is there a way to tell it's broken?