Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Intermittent Instrument Guage Failure

POVO VS UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE 1995
Hi Guys,
As my Username says, my Povo VS Ute has an intermittent problem with any one of the Temp, Fuel gauge or Speedo not working. Sometimes I'll get in the car and have no Speedo readout for 5-10 minutes, then it will magically spring to life. Other times, I'll have no temp gauge read out for an entire trip. Next time I get in it, it will work fine. Fuel gauge does the same thing also. Sometimes both those gauges do it at the same time. Is this a common problem? Is it as simple as maybe cleaning some connections? Please point a novice in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

Oh yeah, one other thing, I replaced the resistor to my heater fan controls and had 2 of the 4 settings working for about a week. Now, nothing. Is it likely to be the switch itself that has failed? What is a good way to check this? Thanks one more time.

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
have you tried giving the top of the dash a good smack when the gauges arent workin? in my old vs the fuel gauge would stick every now and again, a good smack would bring it to life.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Has the cluster been removed before?
May be it's just a case of making sure the plug at the back of the cluster is pushed in properly.