Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ 5.7 Calais ecu issues

Slow moe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais 5.7
Hi all,
I'm having some issues with my ecu and related componentry and am hoping someone may be able to shed some light.

I took my car into my mechanic almost 2 weeks ago for a service (yes, I can be pretty lazy some times) and mentioned to him that the car had a slight miss at idle. After some time, he came back to me and said it was the ecu.

After another week of being told that suppliers had sent wrong parts etc, I today received a message that they were also replacing the body control and powertrain interface modules. They put this down to having security code issues with the replacement ecu (which, apparently, they could only get 2nd hand).

To my surprise, when I turned up to the mechanic this arvo to have a chat about time frames, costs, etc my car was not there (last I had heard is that it was not running at all and the 2 further modules were due tomorrow)

So, my questions:
- is it that hard to get a replacement ecu (new or second hand) and how much would you expect to pay?
- does it sound reasonable that they have had to replace 2 further modules in order for them to 'match' and not have security code issues?
- I have just received a further message telling me that the miss is now resolved but that there are some new problems coming from the module swaps, does this sound like rubbish?
- and last, and most importantly, anybody know of a good mechanic in Canberra?

thank you in advance for your help.

cheers,

Slow moe