Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone have experience with Ex Fleet Cars?

LukeChristian

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 Vx Acclaim
Hey All,

I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience with LPG fuel gauges in any Ex Fleet Cars?
I have more than these two issues with my 2011 VE Commodore that i purchased earlier this year, but I guess I would have luck with these two than the rest of the issues I have.

I purchased the vehicle from Watson Holden (Bundoora) in June, it was an Ex Fleet Car used by Telstra ( I work for Telstra, this car was leased by them in the building I work in) when I bought the vehicle I was told it was an ex fleet car, but wasn't told there had been modifications made by Telstra for the safety/efficiency of their Technicians. When I spoke to the Service Department after I raised the issue with the Sales team whom advised me it was a fault with the car, I was told I would need to pay $120 to have the lights re-wired to work on auto & manual operation. I also have the LPG gauge which was modified to constantly beep when the Technicians drove on Petrol to encourage them to run it on LPG. I was originally quoted $240.00 for this to be replaced with a
"Retail Gauge" which was then re-quoted at over $1000.

My Question is, is there a simple way to fix these issues myself without forking out money (which I don't believe I should have to pay for as it was never disclosed) not to mention that I don't believe the labor & the actual work involve would equal over $1200.

The beeping needs seems to come from behind the LPG gauge itself, and I've been told numerous things about the headlights (such as there being a by-pass switch that connects to ensure they are permanently on)

Sorry for my grammer & punctuation, these aren't my strong point.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.