Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help Please With My Tacho

93VpCommodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 VP Executive Series II 3.8L 5sp Manual
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Help Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi there im only new to the site and im trying to install my 5"Saas Tacho With led shift light to my 93vp commodore executive 5sp Manual and every where i read it says connect it to the brown wire under the bonnet on the LHS Strut tower and ive done that and nothing so i got my muti meter on it and its got power to it so i got my misses to rev it why i look at the muti meter and it goes up with the revs so then i tryed hooking it up under the dash nothing i try the coil pack way nothing (The Rest Of The Wires Are Correct)so i would really appeciate so help as i reckon some out there would of had this problem

Last edited by a moderator:

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
is the tacho suitable to read the small output signal..? or is it just designed to work on points...? some tachos don't like low square wave signals...

93VpCommodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
Im pretty sure its 12v Tacho i read somewhere i might need a tach adaptor for it but there must be a cheaper way

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
No tach adapter and yes it can read it. If youve got everything wired correctly... then you have a faulty gauge.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
You are correct with that wire......but I am not 100% positive that wire is connected on the V6.
It is connected on the 5 litre, as I have one on my 5 litre VT
It may have to be connected some where on the coils.

I was going to suggest you check this Thread out, but I've seen you already have....https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/ultimate-tacho-thread.39114

Also I saw this on the first page of the above link.....(Quote) "VN's have signal problems. (Some don't send correct signal. Fix with tach adapter").

93VpCommodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks For the Replys
Ive tried the rpm signal wire coming out of the coil pack no good and i tried connecting it to the middle coil pack bolt still nothing its doing my head in

93VpCommodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
I Found What Everyone Will Need For Vp Commodores To Get Saas Tacho Working If You Had The Same Problem As Me This Is What You Will Need
Tach Adaptor AU9117
There Around $120 Off Ebay I Hope This Will Help People In The Future I Will Give A Guide How To Install Tach Adaptor AU9117 As Soon As I Get Mine
Have A Good1