Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Central lock system intermittently works

sam2025in

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT commodore S
Hi Friends

I am new to this forum so don't know if same/similar thread is posted before or not, but I bought a used 1999 Commodore VT S two weeks ago. Its central lock system does not work properly. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. When it does not work I can not open my car or boot even with keys. Going to auto electrician is best option but being an international student mechanic charges are out of my budget for a time being.

Can anyone help me please? I used posts in forum, they are very precise and helpful. I corrected almost all problems in my car except this so I need a help from you guys one more time.

Thank you friends for your kind help.

P.S. I checked battery in key and it is good. I suspect it is a relay problem. I may be wrong so please correct me if I am.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
if it was a relay problem the lights would still flash but the locks do nothing. How did you check the battery in the remote? What you are describing is the perfect case of flat battery in remote. So I would still be replacing it.