Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP buick wiring

Kirbs

L plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS II
I am in the process of wiring my 3.8 into my hilux and I am having trouble wiring it up. I have all the engine harness plugged in but I still haven't got the relays and stuff sorted. First of all, What relays would I need for the car to run and drive right? The ones I have are:
Fuel Pump
Warning lamp
EFI
Start
I am having trouble working out where the two purple and white wires from the EFI and the Start relays terminate. It has a 2 pin plug, the other being a brown wire, But I am not sure where that comes from.
Also, What powers the motor to start up, as in where is the ignition source? Can I use my old start solenoid?

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
Is this any help to you?

Attachments

• engine management.jpg
    engine management.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 2,994
  • VN_V6 Wiring Diagram.pdf
    50.3 KB · Views: 519
  • VN_V6 Wiring Diagram_b.pdf
    45.5 KB · Views: 500

Hazy011

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 VP
I am in the process of wiring my 3.8 into my hilux and I am having trouble wiring it up. I have all the engine harness plugged in but I still haven't got the relays and stuff sorted. First of all, What relays would I need for the car to run and drive right? The ones I have are:
Fuel Pump
Warning lamp
EFI
Start
I am having trouble working out where the two purple and white wires from the EFI and the Start relays terminate. It has a 2 pin plug, the other being a brown wire, But I am not sure where that comes from.
Also, What powers the motor to start up, as in where is the ignition source? Can I use my old start solenoid?

Hazy011

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 VP
Fuel Pump
Warning lamp
EFI
Start
G'Day Mate,
If you work out your Problem..Can you let us know..
Doing the same thing to a Triton....