Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

no power at diagnostic plug

vx2wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx wagon
please help my vx wagon will not start has no power at diagnostics plug so I cant find out whats wrong with it, any input would be fantastic

Bizmark

Reaction score
Members Ride
93' Pov-Pac
Will it crank?

Afaik, the diagnostics port is only live with ignition on. Has the car had any wiring work done recently, or did it all of a sudden just not want to start?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Check your fuses... car not starting and no power at diognostic port sounds like the ecu fuse.

vx2wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx wagon
I just bought the car he said he was driving and it just stopped and hasn't gone since he had a mechanic look at it and said it needs a new bcm and key so he put the new one in I brought it home got diagnostic tool plugged into it and there's no power at plug (with key turned) to say what's wrong. It says error on the dash won't crank no power windows no radio no interior light but have head lights

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
have you checked ALL the fuses? Under dash, under hood and the fusible links?

Has the key been swapped over properly.

vx2wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx wagon
I double checked all the fuses in fuse box and engine bay where are the fusible links I need to check? and what do you mean swapped the key over properly I tightened up both screws. please excuse my ignorance.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
when the key was swapped, was the keyhead swapped over as well? Fusible links... the big square fuses with plastic lid on them.

vx2wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx wagon
sorry now im with you yes changed key head and checked all the large fuses. also checked the spliced orange wire that's rapped in tape below the three plugs in the rear drivers side of the engine bay that is a hard to find fault with that model it gets water in there and turns the wire green giving it a bad connection but that's not the issue this time

Last edited: