Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vx cranks, fires then cuts out

vx2wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx wagon
having trouble with my vx wagon bcm. replaced it and the key went to plug in the scan tool to program the new key and had no power at the diagnostics plug I read about a similar problem someone else had on this forum and he said he ran a separate power wire to the diagnostics plug and hasn't had any problems since so I have done this I now have power windows remote locking interior light and the engine cranks, fires but then dies even if I hold the key in the start position, but then have to turn the key back to the off position before trying to start it again is this the immobiliser cutting in preventing the engine from continuing to run or could it be just because the key hasn't been programed if so why does everything else work except the engine not running

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
It sounds like the immobiliser is not turning off. I the security light in the mode switch flashing when you try to start it?
Did you link the BCM to the PCM when you changed it? If not, it won't start until you do.

vx2wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx wagon
no its not flashing I have to wait until old mate comes around with tech2 and link them