Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz ute central locking problems.

Whitey180

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz 04
Heya guys.

First time poster here so try be nice!! :)

I've ran into a bit of an issue with installing a viper alarm. Ideally I would like to use the buttons on the alarm to control my door locks. It's got:

1 unlock normally open input
2 unlock common output
3 unlock normally closed
4 lock normally open input
5 lock common output
6 lock normally closed

I've accessed the cabling loom at the plug that goes to it the drivers side door and found two wires that go +12v when original button is pressed one wire for lock and one for unlock.

The alarm loom has the normally opens as inputs so I've connected these to +12v and I've connected the output cables 2 and 5 to the wires that go +12v when the factory remote buttons are pushed.

It does not work lol.

Can someone please point me in the right direction??? :)

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Back your truck up there short fry, you're doing it wrong...

The VZ has onboard keyless entry and this is what you should be triggering instead of trying to drive the actuators directly which is what you are trying to do by using the two wires that pulse to 12volts.

In the loom that comes from the drivers door into the body of the car is two wires... These will correctly lock and unlock the vehicle

Lt. Green/White = Unlock (- pulse)
Brown/White = Lock (- pulse)

Connect the Vipers normally open inputs to ground (violet from memory joined together by a fuse) and disregard the normally closed inputs... they will not be used.

Whitey180

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz 04
Thanks mate! Just went out and temporarily hooked it up just like you said and is now all working.

Thanks a million mate!!!

Im not used to this negative switching thing being an electrician. Different way if thinking it is!!!

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2