Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Broken wire

Boothy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Wagon, VY Commodore
Hi there,

I have a vy commodore and recently i noticed on the drivers side a broken wire that is coming from the side trim of the centre console beside the gear stick. I assume this wire is suppose to run along somewhere underneath the centre console but i have no idea what it is for. Nothing on the car that i have noticed doesnt work electrically. Cigarette 12v socket works all lights on centre console work, so i am at a loss. The wires are extremely thin. It appears also to run back underneath the dash. Car does however have a hard wired phone cradle, airial on back window andno idea where the other wires for that run. Any help would be appreciated. I guess if its not a standard wire it has to do with the phone cradle.

Boothy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Wagon, VY Commodore
I should add the phone cradle is on passenger side and its a exec.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Nothing for the phone would be on the drivers side Centre console normally... could be handbrake? What colour is the wire?

Boothy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Wagon, VY Commodore
about 3-4mm black wire but it has about 5 smaller wires inside different colours

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Ok, you could be right about it being for the phone. It's not the antenna but if its had Bluetooth fitted then the controller may have been mounted in that area. Whatever it is, it's not Holden. Can be safely removed, I think you'll find it disappears with a hunch of other wires underneath the radio.