Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs ss stolen..- Abs engine light. Help please!!

ChikWiTnoIdea

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VS SS
Hi guys, Can anybody tell me what these wires are!? I know its not the best pic but it is kind of the best I can do with position. Wire comes from.under the gear box where its been cut from and goes up into the passanger side glove box(computer)My ss was stolen then recovered about 2 weeks ago.. car was recovered and now the abs and engine lights are one and spedo is out by about 10ks... Have taken car to mechanics for codes eg.. but nothings showing up... Mechanics wont take my car back in untill monday so if I can find out what this wire is then woukd be a huge help. My dads very car handy but is unsure what this is, as hes not to familiar with hokden!? When car was stolen it came with a new key so ignition and bc was changed... now car computer is totaly out if wack.. have to sit in the car, lock and unlock it with the original key and then start it with the new key.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389238528027.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389238528027.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 211
  • uploadfromtaptalk1389238546127.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389238546127.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 211

ChikWiTnoIdea

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VS SS
Or can someone point me in the right direction with a repair manual for wire diagrams for my model? Have googled for hours with no help. Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
If the BCM was changed, that would explain the loss of ABS and the incorrect speedo. People often by keys (with remote), barrels and BCMs from wreckers, smash a car, quickly swap it over and drive away. The configuration of the donor car would be different (maybe it didnt have ABS? or maybe it had ABS and yours doesnt i dont know) and different PPK values or diff ratio would explain the incorrect speedo.

EG if somebody had a wrecked VS berlina, and pulled out the keyfob and bcm, slapped it into your car, your car would think it was a berlina, but would realise it was missing components and throw errors.

I assume you have no insurance on the car? If you intend to keep it, i'd get a replacement BCM and keyfob from a wrecked VS SS. May aswell use the new key blade, unless you can get a matching door, glove box and ignition key / barrel set from the VS SS wreck.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
have you tried disconnecting the battery for half an hour and then reconnecting

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
If you need to unlock with original key, the BCM hasn't been touched.

That wire that has been cut goes down to the knock sensor. Towards rear of engine, under exhaust manifold on drivers side.