Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs station wagon headlights,tail lights not working

peaceboy666

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs swagon series 2
had car broken into not long ago and i knew the indicator arm was a bit dodgy after they had smashed all my ignition, and not working well but persevered for a few weeks.all off a sudden the other week my headlights and tail lights stopped working, as well as the fixed forward high beam position on ind. arm,then indicators stopped working too.funny thing was i had headlight switch on and then wiggled the dodgy indicator arm/switch ,headlights and tail lights would kick back in, turn headlight switch off n on,no lights again till ii wiggled the indicator arm around. i assumed it was just the dodgy indicator arm which i replaced n indicators now working but cant get no headlight or tail lights even with a slight wiggle of indicator arm, also no high beam in the fixed forward position of indicator arm.any help would be greatly appreciated,would it possible be a relay under the bonnet or the actual headlight switch maybe? bye the way all my fuses were fine bar number 4 which was sum general illum thing(no idea what that does), i dont really want to pay an auto electrician if its possibly a simple fix.

markbaja

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec & SZ Territory Diesel
Was it a second hand stalk? If so maybe that one is dodgy?

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

peaceboy666

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs swagon series 2
was a brand new stalk as i had alredy replaced the arm with a 2nd hand one from wreckers which i thought was dodgy as still no light but indicators worked.so i then went n got a new one.

peaceboy666

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs swagon series 2
sorry i also forgot to add the dashlights arnt working either like the head and tail lights.

DanKKK88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore series 2 V6
if fuses are ok, i would be checking my wiring and pin contacts, see if the pins aren't being pushed out when you install your indicator stalk arm, since thieves have tried stealing your car who knows what other damage was done to wiring, etc also just for reassurance double check your fuses.

peaceboy666

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs swagon series 2
thanks 4 quick replies guys,i did double check fuses and 2 and 3 are melted in there n broke one off in there tryin to pull out b4 realised was melted in, so i bite the bullet n just goto an auto electrician, thanks again, was pretty scar y driving to work at 4 am when all lights went out lol

peaceboy666

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs swagon series 2
n after closer inspection i dont think its the fuses otherwise it wouldnt light would it when i put dodgy old indicator stalk in and wiggle it around,2 i tried since dont light the lights all so ty dan i reckon it would be wiring sumwhere along the line, is it possible to be the actual light switch itself?