Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Getting Roof DVD / Headrest screens from WM Caprice to work in VE Berlina

Veberlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve berlina
Hi I've picked up the roof DVD player and the seats with headrest DVD screens from a WM Caprice. I want to install it into a VE Berlina.

To get the roof DVD to work, it appears I just need to buy the WM roof wiring harness, which has a plug that goes into the DVD player, and then plugs that go under the passenger seat dash and into the headunit? I have the full colour SSV headunit so I assume this should work fine as it's identical to the WM bose one in terms of plugs? As the roof DVD player is a factory option in any VE car so I think the plugs for it are already there.

Can anyone confirm if a WM roof harness will plug into the berlina's accessories plug under the passenger dash and into the SSV headunit, or do I have to get a VE DVD player and the VE roof wiring harness? Can't see how they're much different other than that the WM DVD player has 2 x extra plugs which plug into the headrest DVD's?

For the headrest DVD's, there's a big white plug with tons of wires coming out of either front seat which is connected to the DVD screen in the headrest. The roof DVD player has a white plug that the DVD screens' white plug can plug into. My DVD's plugs aren't long enough to reach the roof DVD player so i'm assuming I have to get an extension lead from Holden for both front seats, which will run up the B pillar and into the roof DVD player. It appears these white plugs are the only connections required for the headrest DVD's to get video feed from the roof DVD player, and no other plugs are necessary.

Can anyone confirm that if i get the roof DVD working then the headrests should just work if I plug them into the roof DVD??

Cheers,