Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vu commodore no aircon fan

Kymj

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vu storm ute
Hi
I have a vu storm ute. The aircon fan was working fine until my son opened the glove box and it fell to the floor. The magically no fan. Have checked all the wiring behind the box and the fuses and relays and I still have power to the blower. The next option is to pull out the whole dash. Is there an easier way to get behind the fan switch ? Or is there something I'm missing. Please help I lived hours for the nearest auto electrician.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
If there is power to the blower, there must be an issue with the blower motor itself.

When the glove box fell out, check that nothing has fallen into the fan stopping it from operating.
Check that the blower turns freely and is not hindered by anything foreign that may have gotten stuck in there.

Take the blower out completely and wire it to a separate power source.

Kymj

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vu storm ute
Thanks any quick ways to check what's in the fan or do I have to pull it all out?

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Best bet would be to pull it out and have a look.

Kymj

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vu storm ute
Thanks for the reply it has taken me a while but I finally got a reconditioned blower motor and installed it. I turned the car on, turned the fan on and ........... Absolutely nothing happened. Does anyone have a plan b? My air con light now doesn't come on either. I'm thinking I'm going to have to give in and make the 200 k drive to an auto electrician. :(

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Did you check the fuses after you put in the motor?

The A/C wont turn on unless the blower is working.
As far as I know, when the blower is on, an earth signal is sent to the BCM to let it know that the A/C is able to function.
If you had power to the blower before, the A/C would turn on. It sounds like there is no power to the blower now.

Instead of going through a whole diagnosis of the system here, have a careful look at this 'How to' I did.....it may help.
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/how-diagnose-hvac-fan-problems-vt-vz.209382