Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE S1 with S2 IQ HU. What are these 2 plugs?

UnderObservation

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Hey I have a series 1 with series 2 iq head unit installed but my Bluetooth mic doesn't work so had a look around and found these 2 plugs anyone know what they do and if they should be plugged in? theyre behind the kick panel on the drivers side

Muke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY08
That bottom plug is for the smoker's pack. 1 terminal is accessory power, one is illumination and third is earth. A very handy plug. Top one I'm not sure on, can you get a pic or tell us what colour wires go into it.

UnderObservation

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Hey not too sure what colour wires go into but theres 2 wires that go into the back of it which is one pink and black and one orange and black if that helps?

Muke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY08
Ok, the only two wires I can find together without others to do with the stereo is a connector from the audio system that plugs into the Navigation module.

UnderObservation

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Well my nav doesnt have my proper location, always says im in another state and stuff so maybe that could be it? Should i plug it in somewhere?

Muke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY08
I'm no expert on these different systems, but from what I understand, no. Hopefully someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but this is how I understand things: In pre-IQ systems, there was an add-on component for the sat nav that added a module and I think a DVD for the map disk. This plugged into the headunit and used its screen and controls. When they put out the IQ system, the nav was incorporated into the IQ chassis, not an external module. So either your IQ has sat nav or doesn't, there's no real option to upgrade by plugging in a module. So that would indicate to me that that plug is only relevant to pre-IQ headunits. And if you've got the old module from your previous system, you can make around $350 selling it.

Again, with a bit of guess work, I would think your nav is either not picking up a proper signal from the satellite and isn't thinking you're somewhere else, just can't see you, or some funny bugger has played with your settings. In my aftermarket unit, there is a setting for correcting your location if the GPS has you in the wrong spot. If it tracks along with pretty much the same path you travel, but in the wrong spot, I'd look at settings. If it either jumps all over the place or doesn't move, I'd look at the signal being an issue.

As for the mic and bluetooth, is there one in your car? Is it plugged in? Sorry, I don't even know if it has bluetooth built in to the IQ or uses a separate module like earlier systems. Did you have bluetooth in your original system? If not, you probably don't have a mic unless the installer put one in. Have to check the settings and either hope someone knowledgeable pipes up or see the person that you got the IQ from. Did you install it, or get it installed? If you bought it off someone and had them install it, I'd be going back to them asking questions.

UnderObservation

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Thanks for all that

With the nav it does have me travelling along a path in the wrong spot, sometimes it has sydney north of qld and has me driving in the ocean. Ive been thru all the settings and nothing fixes it so im guessing its something with the signal doesnt really matter too much i dont really need the nav.

With the bluetooth i did have it in the old module now when i try to make a call with it it goes thru siri on my phone but she doesnt hear anything i say and if i answer a call the person on the line cant hear me so i think the mic just didnt get plugged in or something.

Would there be a way to check if there is a mic plugged in to the unit?

bush_basha

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS
The blue tooth you have to run wires from your modified plug or patch harness what ever you did there over to the blue tooth module behind the glove box.

The old nav won't work with the new, for your nav to be working did you purchase an IQ with nav in it? Did you purchase a separate gps antenna?

Did you install it or someone else?

Top plug looks like a plug that is meant to be in the main plug harness, well it looks similar. If your not handy with wiring I wouldn't bother touching it.

UnderObservation

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Someone else installed it so i have no idea about the bluetooth patch
The IQ has nav and came with antenna just doesnt seem to pick up where i am. Think ill finally just give up on trying to fix it.
Pretty dodgy job actually. Usb doesnt work nav doesnt work and bluetooth doesnt work for calls. Atleast the radio works.

bush_basha

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS
Who installed it?
I installed my own with some guidance from a mate that had done it. And mind works perfectly, no issues at all. I made sure I did it all correctly tho. Did you get the kit and then someone install it or just buy and install unseen?
Are you handing with electrical wiring?