Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Start ya bastard

SLE 500

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE
Hi guys. i have an EFI 5L powered vh.
Recently i took it off the road to fix/clean and upgrade it. I have a hidden prime switch and dash push button start.

Upon trying to start it the fuel primes and push button engine turns over but no life. I cut out the Python alarm/ imobilizer and directed power straight to ignition. engine turns over but no life. What can i check?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
From the Python system, was there an Orange wire? Where was it leading?

SLE 500

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE
Orange wire wasn't connected.

In the engine bay there are relays for fuel and injector. With a test light both get power and fuel fuse lights up when priming.

I relocated the ignition module but its still plugged in. Is there a way to find if its ignition?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I don't know. I can only help you with the Alarm/Immobilizer side of things. If the Orange wasn't connected... were there two black wires on crimp connectors coming out the side of the alarm? If so, did you join them back up together? They are the immobilizer and to bypass it, they need to be reconnected.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
as long as the module has power and earth and the coils powered it should spark even with an ecu connected.sometime the modules need to be bolted down to steel some dont

Last edited: