Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help with pcm change.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Hi all.

I have a VSIII V8 manual ute I installed a second hand engine which came with a auto and auto pcm the ute came with a wolf 3D when I bought it. I want to use the auto pcm as it is a pain to get the wolf 3D tuned the problem I am having is I cant do a bcm to pcm link because I cant communicate with the bcm for some reason (I will be trying harder and with a snap-on scan tool this week).

What options do I have? I have heard I can get the pcm to operate standalone similar to the wolf I guess is this true?

chriso-k

Motor Mechanic, SYDNEY
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
When linking PCM to BCM, on Commodore, special scanning equipment is required. Why can't you communicate? What electronic equipment are you using to communicate? A Commodore PCM requires communication with the BCM, If this communication is lost, the PCM will not allow fuel injection to take place and therefore, NO START.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
When linking PCM to BCM, on Commodore, special scanning equipment is required. Why can't you communicate? What electronic equipment are you using to communicate? A Commodore PCM requires communication with the BCM, If this communication is lost, the PCM will not allow fuel injection to take place and therefore, NO START.

I understand that, what I'm trying to do is get the new pcm working I have tried a bosch scan tool and a hannatech ultra scan when I go into the bcm on the scan tools it fails.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
No need to do PCM-BCM link on a VS.

The problem will be that the BCM sounds to have no power.

Check fuel pump fuse in engine bay,

It runs with the wolf 3D when I try to use the standard pcm (which is from an unknown vehicle) it just turns over and dose not fire which indicates to me that it is not getting a signal from the bcm but I'm not that versed on delco systems.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Well I have another computer coming which I need to swap the memcal from so i will see how this one go's it's a vs v6 pcm.