Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DVD Security Error

Palestine94

Reaction score
Members Ride
wm caprice royale
Hi Guys
Im new here and I hope You welcome me on this forum

I have a problem with my caprice, in the rear infotainment sys. The problem is the rear screens gives me (security error) messege, I tried removing the fuse many times but nothing change

Does anyone Has this problem before and get fixed?!!
Because its really annoying, and my little brother is not happy now :(

By the way I remove the rear controls (on roof) and unplug the wire and plaug it again, unfortunately it worked until I shut off the car and start it again then the error messege comes again :(

Not to forget when I remove thre rear control I found that there is a place for a wir but I cant find the wire to plug it in, im I the only one??!! And does that have anything to do with my problem here or not??!!
And here is an images

(the place for the missing wire is in the middle)

I hope someone can help with that, and get fixed

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I can't help but sometimes they explain these errors in the owner's manual.

Mattde

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1
That wire in the left of the botton image doesnt fit?
Is there any fault with the front head unit? Not exactly sure how they work in that model but if u have disconnected the battery in a standard GM radio a security pin is needed to unlock them again for use?
Hopefully that helps but maybe not lol
Either way welcome to the forum! :)

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
yea, as said you need to look at your hand book it should explain how to enter the security pin key number , the pin should be on ya book some ware if not of to Holden you will go.

Palestine94

Reaction score
Members Ride
wm caprice royale
I can't help but sometimes they explain these errors in the owner's manual.

That wire in the left of the botton image doesnt fit?
Is there any fault with the front head unit? Not exactly sure how they work in that model but if u have disconnected the battery in a standard GM radio a security pin is needed to unlock them again for use?
Hopefully that helps but maybe not lol
Either way welcome to the forum! :)

yea, as said you need to look at your hand book it should explain how to enter the security pin key number , the pin should be on ya book some ware if not of to Holden you will go.

I appreciate your quick responses, thanks
All of you get to one point that I have to see the manual, so I did now, I found "security code" but it said that if the rear screen shows you a "Security locked out" messege then I have to go to the dealer, but my messege is "Security Error", isn't different.

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
same thing.

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
hi try around 1200 according to people , it seems in what I read its a very common problem , go and have a read of this forum.

WM Caprice Problems [Archive] - Australian LS1 and Holden

copy and past on google and have a read.

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
Is there any other way to do it, because they will pay me more than 200$ for that!!

u can always put it back to gether , make sure they are put back connectors nice and firm and try this it seemed to help many people problem , no need for a pin as the bcm has control the whole thing just wait till it goes through its thing before testing it.

try this.

Most problems with the DVD player (Including the error code) can be fixed by pulling the "Rear Seat Entertainment" 15 amp fuse in the little fuse box in the boot alongside the battery. Put it back after 10 or 15 seconds and the player should be reset.

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
Is there any other way to do it, because they will pay me more than 200$ for that!!

if that don't work try this method too.

Try also pulling the BCM Logic fuse in the block in the passenger side footwell.

Leave at least 60 secs for any residual charge to dissipate.

these are the only two fuses I've every pulled and it it seemed to work at the time

|