Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn manual conversion

Travis Lindley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
I have just recently done a manual conversion on my vn but can't get it to turn over I think it's the park neutral switch does anyone have any diagrams or steps on how to do this

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
i just joined them up when i did mine. your plug that goes into the selector has 4 wires. 2 for reverse light and 2 for the park lockout thing. i put plugs on my reverse light wires and plugged them into my gearbox and just joined up the other 2. open circuit means it will start.

Travis Lindley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
I have already done that and it still won't crank at all

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
Weird! You didn't happen to change the ecu or memcal with the conversion did you? Remember vn/vp computers don't get any electrical info from the gearboxes so whatever one you had before will work. I tried the vr computer that came with my conversion and it wouldn't start because of vats. So I just use the old one.

Travis Lindley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Nah I haven't changed the ecu and I have tired both computers I do have the manual starter motor in but I think that might be the problem because I can hear the relay clicking but I can't hear the starter motor kicking out or anything will the auto starter motor fit at all

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
Never tried an auto starter motor but it probably won't work because manual has a flywheel. If you're on a good quiet street try giving it a roll start. It will still start even if those park lockout wires aren't connected properly. If it starts on a roll start you know the fuel and spark is good and it has to be the starter motor or those wires!