Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE adding the caprice mirros with lights to standard commodore

lachie113

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
Hi guys,

Not sure if this has been done before so thought Id give it a shot.

im wanting to put a new set of mirrors on my Calais. Currently I have the standard mirrors but have just gotten a shipment of the mirrors with the lights on them.

The standard VE mirror is a 3 pin type connection where the lighted one is a 5 pin type.

Is there a way of wiring up the 5 pin type to the indicator etc?

Hopefully someone out there knows what I am talking about

Thanks!

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
Id imagine the extra 2 pins are for the puddle light under the mirror, and the heated demister in the mirrors. These would share a common ground with the other electronics.

You could hook it up to your indicators if you wanted, but if they are caprice mirrors it's useless as they are downward facing.

demister you could hook up to the rear window demister.

No idea what is what, but id imaging if you applied 12v to the extra pins one will flash the light, and the other will activate the demister.

lachie113

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
Thanks!, what do you mean by downward facing?

These mirrors are aftermarket not genuine also

I was thinking hooking up one pin to the guard repeaters but wasnt sure on the other one

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
Ah, fair enough. The WM Caprice mirrors have puddle lights, that light up the floor near the front doors. They are UNDER the mirror and point downwards. They also have demisters built in which warms up the mirror and removes fog (works great in the mornings!)

Since these aren't genuine mirrors, i assume you have the LED strip mirror cover (Holden Commodore VE Models Mirror Covers With LED Amber Blinkers DRL NEW Design | eBay)

These usually pop off and you replace the one on your factory mirror.

Yes you can wire it up to the repeater in the guard.

Since they aren't factory mirrors, i have no idea if the second extra pin is the ground for the indicator LED, or serves some other purpose! They definitely wouldn't have the heaters in them.

lachie113

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
en_AU

http://shop.sterlingparts.com.au/ep...hops/"Sterling Parts"/Products/NGHLCD-DOM-62L

This is the mirror. It has reverse and puddle lamp

Last edited:

nodscars

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY gen3
Mate just sus it out, my dealing with Ve's so far, they can be finicky with voltage changes or extra load put on different circuits , you may need to use a relay inline as to not piss the BCM off, it may be fine or it might throw codes or even switch circuits of