Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

problems with VE radio door interface?

horey69

Reaction score
Website
www.brispower.com.au
Members Ride
sports wagon my 10 VE 3.0 international
Hey there,
my VE MY10 international sports wagon is playing silly buggers, its just hit 60,000kms now the radio has stopped turning off with the door opening and the key out. is this common? also the clock/radio screen and the console lights dont turn off either. these two problems started at the same time. then a little while back the reverse tone (beep) stayed on for 8-10 seconds when in reverse and letting the hand brake off. I have been reading around a bit someone mentioned the "door interface" might be playing up. has anyone heard of this problem? how can it be fixed.
cheers
Horey

sv6_06

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ MY06 SV6
Its the door switch, very common, my ute has been through 3. Unfortunately you need to replace the whole lock assembly. The way to tell is when you open the door does the door light come on the instrument panel? If it doesn't its your switch.

To get some extra life out of the switch you can do afew things, when you leave your car you can open and slam the door several times until the light turns off.
You could also try closing the door, put the key in the lock of the door and turn it to lock/unlock several times and just open the door and the radio will turn off.

Good luck with it.