Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vy electrical drama

bigfaz

Reaction score
My young bloke has a 2004 VY ute,
The other day he mounts the curb at speed and writes off 3 rims and tires, no biggie there only out of pocket $1600 and a good lesson learn't.

But he tells me that the " check alternator" came on, since then the indicators wont work and if you try them the relays under the dash just buzz and the electrics go crazy.
I checked the fuse and relay mounts under the bonnet, the mounting block is broken in two, I don't know if this was like it before or after the bingle.

I am trying to work out, if its the relay block under the bonnet or could it be the Body Control Unit, and where could I find the BCU to check.

The electrics were fine before the prank but since then, chaos.

Any help would be hugely appreciated#

Cheers#
Faz

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
Sounds like the lesson is still in progress. It's unlikely you could hit a curb at speed and destroy 3 rims and not harm anything else on the car.
If you care about your son, you'd get a full inspection of the car before you let him drive it again. Who knows what the #### is wrong with it.

bigfaz

Reaction score
Yep done that,
new struts shocks springs bushes to the front end he hit the curb at about 60 K's so apart from the electrical drama that should be about it I hope

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Check to make.sure the battery terminals are all tight. Also have a hunt, find all your earths and give them a snug up.