Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Problems with HID headlights.. plz help!!

t-rob

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VR
gday fellas

i have a vy ss which i have bought low beam HID headlights for.. they are supposted to be just plug and play although... every time i turn my headlights on they will either work fine or just flash for a second and not work at all. i dont think its the wiring of the car cause normal headlights work fine.
sometimes when they do work the hi-beam will also consistantly be on just really dull, as if power is getting drained from them. and if i flash high beam the HIDs will turn off like its one or the other..
i have exchanged the first HID set thinking they were fulty but it happened with the second set aswell.

I have searched for this but cant find anything like it, if anyone has any idea what the problem might be please hit me up. theyre doing my head in!

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Wiring loom that came with it got a separate earth? Where did you put it's earth? Start with that then move onwards.
What kit did you get?

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
gday fellas

i have a vy ss which i have bought low beam HID headlights for.. they are supposted to be just plug and play although... every time i turn my headlights on they will either work fine or just flash for a second and not work at all. i dont think its the wiring of the car cause normal headlights work fine.
sometimes when they do work the hi-beam will also consistantly be on just really dull, as if power is getting drained from them. and if i flash high beam the HIDs will turn off like its one or the other..
i have exchanged the first HID set thinking they were fulty but it happened with the second set aswell.

I have searched for this but cant find anything like it, if anyone has any idea what the problem might be please hit me up. theyre doing my head in!

Maybe it's a hint that you shouldn't have hid's in your low beams. Everybody who you come across on the road at night will hate you for it. Myself included.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Commodores are negatively switched instead of positive which it'll be plug and play for.

orsm6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx2 5.7 Calais.
i converted mine, they too also flashed then didnt work. it was a bad earth. find a "known" earth or rub a bit of paint away from the earth you made.

t-rob

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VR
ill try changing the earth then see if they work
theyre just the jay car brand. all my mates have them and never had a problem with them

orsm6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx2 5.7 Calais.
mine are just some sort of generic brand also.

the earth i used on driver side is behind the battery right where the wheel arch is.... holden made an earth the for other components. Then on the passenger side i made my own but rubbed back the paint a little.