Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY towbar harness into VX?

b0tch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SV6 Sportwagon
Hi guys,

Read through the trailer harness threads on here but didn't really get the answer I need...

I bought a 7 pin flat harness from Holden today to put into my VX Calais...the instructions which came with the harness say it's for a VY.

The main plugs fit, but there are a couple of extra bits I am not sure about.. There's a grey patch lead which I am understanding is for cars with rear parking sensors, VYII/WK. Is that right? Can I forget about that single wire lead?

There's also a dark blue wire with no plug on the end which is taped up around the flat part of the towbar harness...is that required for anything?

So basically it leaves the two main plugs which essentially go in line with the tail light harness, and there's a yellow wire with a plug which I am guessing goes into the single wire plug taped to the taillight harness?

Sound about right? Or are the VX and VY trailer harnesses different?

Unfortunately I don't have my own trailer to try it out on yet.

Cheers

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
The blue wire is used if you have an electric brake unit, if you don't have or need one then it can stay taped up.
The grey wire is if for the reverse sensors, there is a magnetic switch in the trailer plug which is used to turn the reverse sensors off when you have a trailer connected. The yellow wire would be for your left hand indicators so it should pug in somewhere.

b0tch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SV6 Sportwagon
Awesome....so i was on the right track!

Thanks for the info mate