Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Electrical gremlins!

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
I'm having some electrical issues with the vz atm, not really sure what to call it so I'll just list the symptoms.

-for ages my radio has randomly been turning off for a second.

The rest are just recent

-when I turn off the car, radio turns off for a sec then goes back on.

-just a few times when I gave it a squirt the electrics cut out at high rpm for a second then came back on. It was full deal though, dash reboot and all. No stall though.

-flashed my high beams to let Someone in, full electric cutout again, no stall.

-put my foot on the clutch after idling in 1st. Again electrics all cut out and it nearly stalled.

So not sure what to make of the above. Maybe a bad earth? The battery is fine as far as I know because it starts easy in the morning and started good today even after leaving my interior light on all day (oops).

Any advice on what to look at would be great!

Cheers,
Waz.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Earths would be the first thing I's check, then make sure the battery terminals are tight and check the output of the alternator.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I'm going with bad earth or an unhappy bcm. Could be as simple as a plug into the bcm.

succulent-eye

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 vs ute
Hi guys. I have a 2000 vs ute and for some reason it will randomly turn off while driving when I put my high beam on. After that I have to disconect the battery for a while and it will then try and start but wont kick over. So i then have to use aerostart in the afm. Not sure if this is the right area only.new to this site. But Any help greatly appreciated.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Hey buddy, you're in the right area but you'd be far better off creating your own thread to get more views.

Similar to the guy above you... I think you have a poor earth connection also. But with a new thread you can get more input.