Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

crank wont start random

dassa40

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore SV6
Vs commodore V6
Ok heres my problem sometimes (very rarely so hard to replicate problem when diagnosing) car will crank but not start.Usually happens when cold weather about and have noticed that thermo fan is on (with ignition not when ignition is off) as well so im assuming car thinks it is overheating but its not as its dead cold.before everyone says CAS im fairly sure this isnt the problem but not certain.if it is CAS then why is thermo fan coming on ? When i wait usually later in the day i turn ignition on and notice thermo fan isnt coming on so i get instant start as if there's no problem at all and car is faultless.Have bridged out to get fault codes and of corse it gives me 12 all good.have bridged out when i have the fault and check engine light wont flash a code to me (frustrating).I have changed the coolant temp switch ( thought it may be sending a overheating signal to the ECU not letting it start ) and thought i had solved the problem only for it to return 1 month or so later. Checked out fuel pump it is working fine,changed fuel filter has a new battery and alternator so am scratching my head now. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated i have browsed through other threads but they all seem to say CAS but usually its a when hot problem this is only when cold ?

Last edited: