Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Central Locking Issues VZ

Sdperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
Hey guys,
I've read a few threads here to figure this out but I can't find a problem exactly like mine. Thanks everyone.

So when I hit unlock, the drivers door lock does not come all the way up. Then recently, when I hit unlock, the drivers door does not come up all the way, 4 seconds later all doors unlock and then I can hear a quiet ticking that I presume is the locks cycling. As you guys know, hitting unlock once should only be opening the drivers door. I've been having to open the rear door to get in. I've seen some people say try CRC or WD40. If that is my first cheap and easy option where is the best place to spray it. Should I take the trim off to do it? This recently cycling and all doors unlocking only started happening this morning, the door not fully unlocking has been going on a while. Thanks guys!

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
take your door trim off, get in the car and lock / unlock the car so you can see where its getting stuck. If your door trims have been off recently, sometimes people bend the lock rod which causes it to get stuck which may have happened..

Either way... with the door trim off you'll see where it gets stuck or hits. Maybe the actuator is stuffed too, but you'll find out when you check it out