Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Disabling warning beeps/chimes speaker

berzerk

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Acclaim
I have a 2007 VE Acclaim in which the electronic stability control warning chime goes off every time I decelerate or even lift my foot off the brake. The electronic stability control is permanently off and due to some malfunction can no longer be turned on with the centre console button. I couldn't care less whether the stability control is off or on - but the warning chimes going off every minute or so (especially in traffic) is driving me crazy.

All I want to do is somehow disable the speaker from which these silly chimes sound. I don't care for any of them - the low fuel warning is almost as annoying as it goes off with three inane beeps when there is still 1/4 of a tank left.

This is spoiling an otherwise great car - does anyone know an easy workaround like removing the speaker or cutting the wires or something?

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Disabling the sound/speaker could mute a warning that is vitally important, eg. low oil/pressure or coolant etc.
Have the car looked at, if it's that annoying.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Best work around is to fix the problem and put more fuel in it.

Darcon666

Evil is always around you
Reaction score
Website
www.gfy.com
Members Ride
Your Mother
There really is a reason why these chimes are there in our modern vehicles and as suggested by others here, don't disable it.... and I don't know your situation financially but - How about you fix the problems?

Anyways, the chime speaker in behind the dash (instrument cluster)... so your going to have to pull the dash apart. :hmmm:

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Sounds like your car has bulk issues. Best get these seen to first.

Unless your happy to go the VN spec missing check engine bulb route.

degeneration

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sportwagon
If you can live without the indicator noise as well, the speaker's behind the instrument cluster. Just cut a wire and tape it up.