Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Omega , 1 Door not locking after using key

johnn28

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Having trouble locking car as one lock in the back doesnt lock .and once i get the door locked i have trouble unlocking the same door ..all other 3 doors all open up together and lock together, Car does beep when using key to lock up,but didnt realise till i stumble on the problem ...

Benzito

Reaction score
Members Ride
'09 VE SSV Ute
Sounds like a door lock actuator not working properly. Does that door make a funny noise when the rest of them make a normal locking noise?
I used to have a BA Falcon, and it was a known fault in them. In 7 years of owning that thing I ended up replacing every single actuator, one of them twice. Started getting annoying.
I'm sure I have read of similar problems with VE's?

johnn28

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
its sounds like it wants to click across but something stopping it , then it unlocks door after a bit on off on off on off with the key , stupid thing is when it does lock I have trouble opening it . is there any easy way to get into veiw the actuator ?
Sounds like a door lock actuator not working properly. Does that door make a funny noise when the rest of them make a normal locking noise?
I used to have a BA Falcon, and it was a known fault in them. In 7 years of owning that thing I ended up replacing every single actuator, one of them twice. Started getting annoying.
I'm sure I have read of similar problems with VE's?

Benzito

Reaction score
Members Ride
'09 VE SSV Ute
Take the door trim off mate. That will let you see it. Don't know if that will let you see it's operation though.
If you want to replace it with aftermarket, as per your other thread, you will probably need to replace all the actuators.
P.S: You should keep all your questions to the one thread. :)

johnn28

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
cool do and try and have a look over the weekend cheers .
Take the door trim off mate. That will let you see it. Don't know if that will let you see it's operation though.
If you want to replace it with aftermarket, as per your other thread, you will probably need to replace all the actuators.
P.S: You should keep all your questions to the one thread. :)