Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What does it mean when I do this and this happens?

freefallin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina / VZ SS LS1
Car is not starting. It cranks 2 or 3 times and then stops, without turning the key to the off position.

Figured its a security issue as the key fob buttons stopped working too. Got a new key and brought in a guy with a tech2 to program/link the new fob. He plugs in the tech2 but it wouldn't turn on. He said a got some kind of issue which is not sending power to the port.

Then I did something I should have done before getting a new fob.

I got a test light and checked all the fuses in the car and in the engine bay.

All of them are working except one...engine cont/BCM fuse.

Makes sense since I think I am having a BCM problem.

Put a new fuse in and still no go. The fuses aren't blown nor are they blowing. They are not getting power.

Broke out my test light and checked the fuse pins/terminals. When a connect the ground lead of the test light to the negative post of the battery and probe the positive pin of the fuse terminal, nothing happens. Its supposed to light up like the rest of the fuse terminals. And yes the key is in the on position and relay kicks in. But when I connect the ground lead of the test light to the positive post of the battery and I probe the positive of the fuse terminal, it lights up.

Car 02 VX SS

What is going on and how can I solve this?

BIG_BOOF

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS series 2
I have the same issue in my vu ute I turn the key to crank the engine and it cuts power to everything. I did the same with the test light and I couldn't find a working supply anywhere so I lost my shift and slammed the door and then it decided to supply power again. Now it's hit and miss sometimes it works and sometimes it cuts power til I slam the door. No idea what it could be I've checked for loose connections

Filb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY sedan+ wifes VYII wagon.
possibly connections in the door jamb are crushed and there is a dead short because of it
when you slam the door it somehow reconnects or makes a better connection who knows the commodore can be a fickle beast at times!