Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz wiring harness full of oil along with all my sensors

DanJay84

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz 2006 exec
Hi guys I need help!
My Vz has oil in all the sensors and when we pulled off the bottom main harness engine plug it was dripping engine oil, it seems engine oil has ran through the wiring itself from the cam angle sensors being leaking for a while I even found oil in the crank angle sensor should be dry
And I'll post a pic of the harness plug I'm talking about the bottom one in pic I took it off and was dripping with oil, Vz won't start I suspected flooded and got a heap of errors suggesting that the timing chain was stretched so got the chains replaced spent a lot of money on this car and still no start and fining oil through the wiring harness amazes me

DanJay84

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz 2006 exec
Has anyone got any ideas at all or how to fix this issue

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
If it were mine I would unplug the sensors, degrease everything, wash down with water, blow out sensors with compressed air, allow to dry then reconnect sensors, make good or replace leaking parts, cancel all codes, and hope it starts.

DanJay84

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz 2006 exec
Rambunctious thanks mate
I have tried taking off sensor plugs and sensors and cleaning with contact cleaner and compressed air in everything to dry them back out and still no start situation originally I thought car was flooded it just may still be flooded but this oil all through the wiring loom has got me stunned it's travelled so far from the front camshaft sensors not sealing properly all through the copper

DanJay84

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz 2006 exec
Thanks mate trying one tonight :) I'll let you know how I go

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Clear flood mode......
holden factory service manual said:
if the engine floods, it can be started by pushing the accelerator pedal down all the way to the floor while cranking the
engine. The pcm then pulses the injectors with zero millisecond pulse width, which should "clear" a flooded engine.
The pcm holds this pulse width as long as the throttle position sensor input indicates the throttle is above 80% and
rpm is below 400.
If the throttle is held wide-open while attempting to make a normal start with a non-flooded engine, the engine
will not start.

DanJay84

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz 2006 exec
Ok so after replacing the engine harness and attempting to start it today still we have the same codes as before attempting to fix it codes were po341 and po346 intake camshaft position sensor range/performance bank 1 and bank 2 codes and still not starting using the flat to the floor method above and also the other method of taking fuel pump relay out and cranking than fuel pump relay back in and cranking tethering the accelerator been trying to start this thing for 2 weeks now
I've replaced engine wiring harness I've removed plugs and put new ones in I have plenty of cranking power with thick jumper leads and connected to a running car got the starter smoking and spinning as fast as possible and it sounds almost like it wants to start now but still not firing
Any suggestions anyone ???

DanJay84

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz 2006 exec
Ok so as well as the above kept persisting with it but it doesn't sound flooded and it has compression but when I checked for spark while cranking it seemed to pause after 15 seconds than start again the pause after 3 seconds than start then pause Etc etc that's not normal I've never come across this before on a Vz checking for compression and spark