Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn alternator stuffed

C

coolkenny

hi I gotta problem with me alternator, its (i think it is ) leaking the power straight threw the alternator back to earth, positive terminal getting hot, I have disconnected the alternator, all leads to it and car runs fine, b4 that it just stopped, has anyone got one laying around or know how to fix as i am selling car
cheeers

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
hit up your local wreckers, grab one from there, not sure what theyd charge tho. tell em you're selling it and they might do a good deal for u.

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Here's one on eBay. A wrecker would probably charge more.

Click: http://tinyurl.com/s5mhw

Edit.. Pickup Melbourne only. :whistling:

C

coolkenny

Vn alternator

zoist said:
Here's one on eBay. A wrecker would probably charge more.

Click: http://tinyurl.com/s5mhw

Edit.. Pickup Melbourne only. :whistling:

Thanks mate for letting me know, yer it says pickup form Melbourne, but lower down on page it say that he can post it too :) Gave him an email to make sure for certain
Cheeers

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
If you could pickup a working one for around 20 bucks plus about 10 bucks postage it isn't bad considering reco ones sell for about $100-$150 through the auto elec.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Its a long way from Melbourne to FNQ - alts are a dime a dozen in Townsville and Cairns and I think one from a Magna, Falcon or Commo will fit. I think they go for around $40. Another cheap place is your dump where they sometimes have complete cars or look in peoples back yards....if its got grass growing around it they wouldnt mind swapping the alt for a slab.

commy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP WAGON V6
open he up.. they are SO SO SO easy to recon. I worked in an auto elcey joint foor a couple of weeks. All they do is open them up change the 2 bearings, put new bushes in check the diodes and ...(the spiraling wire stuff) you will see if this is rooted cause there will be big black burn marks fromwhere it shorted out. All u they cos about $30 to recondition. lol and tothink they charge you HOW MUCH... lol