Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR V8 Error code meaning ?

mattakaspeeedy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V8 BT1
Hey all i tested my car for error code faults and it came up with some but i have no idea what they mean. The first three times it flashed the number 12, the next 3 it flashed the number 22, and the next 3 it flashed the number 72...

Code 12 - System Pass (OK)
Code 22 - Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) - Voltage Too Low - Auto Transmission Only
Code 72 - Vehicle Speed Sensor Signal Intermittent While Driving

Can someone please tell me what these are and what they mean and how to fix them ?

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Your best bet is to get a gregorys manual or similar as this lists just about every fault code and things to test. I have a V6 and I would assume the checking would be slightly different, wouldnt want to lead you down the wrong track.

I would be clearing the error codes (remove the engine fuse near the battery for 20 seconds) and rechecking that the faults have gone. Then check that the faults have occured again within a week.

If the faults havent occured again, and the car is not playing up i wouldnt be worried about it. It may have been a once off from years ago. If they do come up again after a week I would investigate it further then. But a manual is the place to start. Gives you a list of things to check, in far more detail than you will get from here.

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
judging by those codes, id have to say his ecu may be playing games, prob find there is nohing wrong with the car, after all it did flash code 12, then spat out 2 others after that, so either try re-setting the ecu, and driving for a day or 2, then he should do another fault code
if the same codes come up, or different ones (will prob be different ones) his ecu is dead, and needs replacing