Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

95 VS Commodore Executive Issue

commodoreant75

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Commodore Executive
Hi guys
I have a bit of a situation with my commodore at the minute. I recently replaced the back drivers side blinker and brake light globes on my commodore. Since then whenever I pust my foot on the brake my headlights come on and when I turn my lights on of a night time my brake lights are perminitly on. My cruise control also refuses to work when my headlights are on and the light indicators showing the cruise control has been turned on doesn't light up anymore. Before I take my pride and joy to an autoelectrian does anyone out there now what the problem can be and how to solve it? Any help would be greatly appreciated

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
sounds like you have put a blinker bulb in the brake light. That would cause all the probs described. Brake light bulbs have 2 fillaments in them. You will need to replace it with a proper one.
Cheers Shane

Gus The Snail

Born to be dizlegzic
Reaction score
ipswich - on the right side of the tracks
Members Ride
VS ute S2 1996
that would be right.. a single fillament bulb can short out and make a double fillament bulb hunt another earth through the system.. just take your brake light bulb out and replace with a double filament.. this will fix the problem :D

commodoreant75

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks guys for the assistance. Your help has been most helpful and saved me some $$$. Cheers

commodoreant75

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks guys for the assistance. Your help has been most helpful and saved me some $$$. Cheers