Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Accessory Power Outlet Fuse?

adisinha

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive SII
Hey guys, Im sure someone could help me out here, I seemed to have blown the fuse for the accessory power outlet (the charger/lighter socket) in the front console in my VX. The problem is that i cant find the fuse in the fuse box? any ideas of where this could be? I think i know the fuse must have blown coz there was a sudden dip and spike in the interior lights a couple of nights ago when i plugged in my GPS charger into the socket, and the charger hasnt worked since. i tried it in a mates car and its working fine, also tried an ipod charger and that wont work either. so definitely seems like a blown fuse if not worse...
Any advice/help would be much appreciated.
cheers!

adisinha

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive SII
Accessory Fuse

Checked your fuses under the bonnet? I can't remember if there were any under there or not.

I have checked the fuses under the bonnet, cant find them there. Are there fuses under the steering column? how do i open the cover? Advice would be much appreciated. Thanks guys!

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
Basically grasp the cover under the steering column on each and and pull down carefully. It should open with a sharp pull.

adisinha

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive SII
fuse cover

Basically grasp the cover under the steering column on each and and pull down carefully. It should open with a sharp pull.

Cheers mate for ur help. Now that iv been able to open the console cover, i just need to take the damn fuse out and check it. any suggestions on what sort of tool i could use? something i could fidn lying around in an office would be helpful, i could check the fuses now or else wait till i get home this arvo!

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
it should be around a 15 amp fuse under the steering wheel. just use the map on the inside of the column cover. use long nose pliers but dont crush the fuse.
sounds like something may have shorted when you put the charger in to the socket.

if it still blows fuses and you know the charger works in your mates car then pull out the socket and check the wiring. if it looks ok, then see if you can get a mates socket and test that in your car (i would just replace it, depends how much time you have)