Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: VU Mobile phone connection

  1. #1
    pennichael Guest

    Question VU Mobile phone connection

    Just wondering if someone could explain the 4 wires for the mobile phone connection (left side on centre console). I think there are 2x Orange 1x Yellow and 1x Black.

  2. #2
    Doctor Bob's Avatar
    Doctor Bob is offline Grandpa
    Ride
    VT V6 Exec & VN V6 Exec

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Mornington Peninsula
    Posts
    2,786

    Default

    Black=Ground
    Yellow/Black=Mute input to radio
    Yellow=Accessories
    Orange/Black=Battery Positive

    These are straight from the wiring diagrams.
    Cheers Rob

  3. #3
    pennichael Guest

    Talking thanks doctor bob-ya made my day

    Cheers, Ive been searching all night for the answer.
    Thanks again for thr info.

  4. #4
    janminck Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bob
    Black=Ground
    Yellow/Black=Mute input to radio
    Yellow=Accessories
    Orange/Black=Battery Positive

    These are straight from the wiring diagrams.
    Cheers Rob
    He Bob,

    You may know this one too ?
    I have a WH Caprice and want to connect a car kit (Nokia CK-7W)
    Looking behind the console I fount a connector with 6 wires.

    orange/black
    black/green
    yellow
    yellow/black
    blue/black
    blue

    Can you tell me which is which ?
    Maybe a tip, According to the manual I can use the sound system as speaker for the telephone. ie 2 wires for speaker connection ?

    Thanks
    Jan (Dutch for John)

  5. #5
    Ride
    Blown VS Calais !!

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Orange Nsw
    Posts
    591

    Default

    They are the same colours for the first 4 , the other 2 are for the speaker input , with blue/black being the negative , you will need to cut the speaker wire form the car kit in half and join the 2 wires.
    Right click save as . .

  6. #6
    janminck Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KAL SPL
    They are the same colours for the first 4 , the other 2 are for the speaker input , with blue/black being the negative , you will need to cut the speaker wire form the car kit in half and join the 2 wires.
    But I am still a bit confused,
    First, I do not have a solid black wire could that be my black/green ?
    The 2 speaker wires, blue/black being negative, The car kit comes with a separate speaker which plugs in to the car-kit with a kind of walkman jack, I will not need this speaker but which part of the jack connector (tip or shaft) is the GND (to connect to blue/black)

    Thanks,
    KAL

  7. #7
    janminck Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KAL SPL
    They are the same colours for the first 4 , the other 2 are for the speaker input , with blue/black being the negative , you will need to cut the speaker wire form the car kit in half and join the 2 wires.
    An other question.
    This time about the antenna.
    The car that I have already had a carkit but it was taken out before I bought it. The external antenna cable which I found under the console looks like: see picture.
    I want to install the Nokia CK-7W kar kit. But somewhere they mention that an antenna coupler (AXF-15S) is needed.
    Looking at the picture, Do I also need one of these couplers and would this connector fit the coupler ?




    Thanks again
    Jan.

  8. #8
    Ride
    Blown VS Calais !!

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Orange Nsw
    Posts
    591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by janminck
    An other question.
    This time about the antenna.
    The car that I have already had a carkit but it was taken out before I bought it. The external antenna cable which I found under the console looks like: see picture.
    I want to install the Nokia CK-7W kar kit. But somewhere they mention that an antenna coupler (AXF-15S) is needed.
    Looking at the picture, Do I also need one of these couplers and would this connector fit the coupler ?




    Thanks again
    Jan.
    Without the antenna coupler you wont have a point to hook your aerial up to so yes you need it, it screws down between the cradle you have and the mounting point , there is a lead running out of it that has the female plug that will accept the fitting pictured.
    The speaker end with the plug still need to go to module for the kit then the other end you need to join the wires to the 2 blues from the cars plug.
    The black with green will be your ground yes.
    Right click save as . .

Similar Threads

  1. VE Phone Connection
    By dale762308 in forum VE Holden Commodore (2006 - 2013)
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 01-11-2011, 01:07 PM
  2. Bluetooth Phone Connection
    By bennYC in forum Car Audio
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-01-2008, 06:36 PM
  3. VE Phone Connection
    By dale762308 in forum The Pub
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-11-2006, 07:09 AM
  4. VY mobile phone connection
    By hrforever in forum Electrical Wiring / Questions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-06-2005, 07:54 PM
  5. VZ Commodore One Tonner Phone Connection
    By OBMAR in forum Electrical Wiring / Questions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-04-2005, 04:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98