Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VU Mobile phone connection

P

pennichael

Just wondering if someone could explain the 4 wires for the mobile phone connection (left side on centre console). I think there are 2x Orange 1x Yellow and 1x Black.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Black=Ground
Yellow/Black=Mute input to radio
Yellow=Accessories
Orange/Black=Battery Positive

These are straight from the wiring diagrams.
Cheers Rob

P

pennichael

thanks doctor bob-ya made my day

Cheers, Ive been searching all night for the answer.
Thanks again for thr info.

J

janminck

Doctor Bob said:
Black=Ground
Yellow/Black=Mute input to radio
Yellow=Accessories
Orange/Black=Battery Positive

These are straight from the wiring diagrams.
Cheers Rob

He Bob,

You may know this one too ?
I have a WH Caprice and want to connect a car kit (Nokia CK-7W)
Looking behind the console I fount a connector with 6 wires.

orange/black
black/green
yellow
yellow/black
blue/black
blue

Can you tell me which is which ?
Maybe a tip, According to the manual I can use the sound system as speaker for the telephone. ie 2 wires for speaker connection ?

Thanks
Jan (Dutch for John)

KAL SPL

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
Blown VS Calais !!
They are the same colours for the first 4 , the other 2 are for the speaker input , with blue/black being the negative , you will need to cut the speaker wire form the car kit in half and join the 2 wires.

J

janminck

KAL SPL said:
They are the same colours for the first 4 , the other 2 are for the speaker input , with blue/black being the negative , you will need to cut the speaker wire form the car kit in half and join the 2 wires.

But I am still a bit confused,
First, I do not have a solid black wire could that be my black/green ?
The 2 speaker wires, blue/black being negative, The car kit comes with a separate speaker which plugs in to the car-kit with a kind of walkman jack, I will not need this speaker but which part of the jack connector (tip or shaft) is the GND (to connect to blue/black)

Thanks,
KAL

J

janminck

KAL SPL said:

An other question.
This time about the antenna.
The car that I have already had a carkit but it was taken out before I bought it. The external antenna cable which I found under the console looks like: see picture.
I want to install the Nokia CK-7W kar kit. But somewhere they mention that an antenna coupler (AXF-15S) is needed.
Looking at the picture, Do I also need one of these couplers and would this connector fit the coupler ?

antcon_a.jpg

antcon_b.jpg

Thanks again
Jan.

KAL SPL

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
Blown VS Calais !!
janminck said:
An other question.
This time about the antenna.
The car that I have already had a carkit but it was taken out before I bought it. The external antenna cable which I found under the console looks like: see picture.
I want to install the Nokia CK-7W kar kit. But somewhere they mention that an antenna coupler (AXF-15S) is needed.
Looking at the picture, Do I also need one of these couplers and would this connector fit the coupler ?

antcon_a.jpg

antcon_b.jpg

Thanks again
Jan.
Without the antenna coupler you wont have a point to hook your aerial up to so yes you need it, it screws down between the cradle you have and the mounting point , there is a lead running out of it that has the female plug that will accept the fitting pictured.
The speaker end with the plug still need to go to module for the kit then the other end you need to join the wires to the 2 blues from the cars plug.
The black with green will be your ground yes.