Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt trailer harness wiring.

trev20876

Reaction score
looking for some info on where i connect the trailer harness to ? 7 pin large round any info would be appreciated

cheers trev

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
not sure but the wireing should be on the drivers side in the boot. factory fitted harnesses had flat wireing and stays in the boot until needed.

trev20876

Reaction score
i have an ark trailer harness open ended that needs to be wired in , but not sure if i have to cut existing loom or not. maybe i would be better buying a loom connection and wiring the harness to that then just a case of plug n play !

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
The gregorys has a little diagram, but if you buy the plug to wire it up I would have thought the manufacturers would put that info on the packet for you?

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Don't cut the wiring harness. Use snap connectors to join two wires together. Connection made when they are placed over appropriate wires and squeezed together with pliers. Available all auto shops. Have a look at this linkNo  Boundaries for specific info on wiring 7 pin plug. Most important aspect is to ensure that you have GOOD (read as excellent) earthing points otherwise you'll likely have problems. If not sure what you are doing, check with an auto electrician. They don't usually charge much to connect plug/wiring.

trev20876

Reaction score
thanks for the info guys ended up spending the extra $17 and got a gmh original that plugs straight in. took the ****ter back to supercheap.

cheers trev