Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Commodore One Tonner Phone Connection

O

OBMAR

I have a VZ Commodore One Tonner and wish to know how to access the mobile phone connection. I would also like to know how to remove the side panels from the console.

gibbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Hilux 3.8l vs v6 & 4L60E
Open the glove box and remove the black pin at the right rear corner, I use a flat blade screwdriver , push it in and twist, the pin will slowly come out, then tilt the glovebox down and wriggle it out.
3 screws will be revealed where the console is joined to the area near glovebox, undo these and you will see a connector with nothing connected , this is the phone plug

R

rattattack1313

black pin...

hey obmar.( rambo backwards!!!!)..if youhave a close look in the bottom right hand corner of the glovebox...there is a little black plastic thing...get a small screwdriver, and genlty lever it up...then pull tha bastard out..glove box should almost fall out in your hands.......

cliffo78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline, VL Exec, VY Berlina
Hey guys, I think the VY/VZ glove box set up is different to the VT/VX. I cant remember exactly (I'll have to check on my VY), but I'm fairly sure there is no black PIN like there is in the VT/VX. Will post further instructions soon.

Last edited:

cliffo78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline, VL Exec, VY Berlina
OK, I checked. The glove box is held on by two plastic hinges that are designed as push-fit. All you do is open the glove box, then grab the top of the glove box (the edge thats facing towards you when it's open) and pull slowly but firmly to the the left, you will feel the hinge let go, then pull towards you (until the other hinge lets go) and then the glovebox will only be held in place by two rubber stops on either side. With a little manoevering you can ease these out of the groove in the dash that they run along. Alternatively you can actually pull these rubber stops out, but you shouldn't have to do this.

Then you remove two screws holding the lower trim panel up, and another screw at the other end of the trim panel (ie next to the passenger seat cushion). Remove the trim panel to reveal (I believe - I've never actually looked) the elusive phone connector.

O

OBMAR

Cliffo78, Thank you for your further enlightenment on this subject. I thought I was in need of some new glasses after Gibbo and Rattattack's explanation. Obviously not all Commodores made are equal!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you all for your input guys and yes Rattattack obmar is rambo backwards. Did it take you this long to realise????????

R

rattattack1313

"and yes Rattattack obmar is rambo backwards. Did it take you this long to realise????????"..................no mate.... was just waiting till you posted something that i could answer as well..(I thought it a bit lame if I just piped up and said " Look!! Loook!! His name is "Rambo" backwards!!"................. :yeah: