Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE 12 V Accessory Power Power Outlets

ansett727rma

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega
I have Just purchased a 2007 VE Omega. From what I understand There is an Option available for a Smokers Kit which includes a front and rear cigarette lighter socket. If anyone knows where are or how to access the wiring loom plugs for these it would be much appreciated. I would like to wire my GPS into a front socket, and the kids Portable DVD's into a Double rear Socket.
THANK YOU:bow::bow:

sheepz89

Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 Holden VY II SS
there should be a 12V accessories socet in the center console, and im not 100% sure where the second one is... the easiest way to do it would be to cut your wires, see which is earth and which is 12V, then hook them up to the battery with a fuse inbetween the battery and the appliance... that way you won't blow a fuse when you hook another appliance up to the 12V socket... also the battery is located on the left hand side in the boot if u didn't already know...and if you're really keen, the 12V (red) wire from your battery in the boot to the engine bay goes under the carpet on the left hand side of the car (under the passenger seat and along under the left hand rear seat position)

ansett727rma

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega
Rear Power Accessory Plug Located

I have found the plug which is used to connect the rear cigarette lighter in the 'Smokers Pack'. :thumbsup:

If you gently remove the silver panels above and below the rear airvents in the console, there will be about half a dozen self tapping screws that can be unscrewed to remove the rear console panel and vents.

A three pin plug is located at the lower left of this area. Use a multimeter or test light to determine correct pins.

Pins are +Accessory, + Dash Lighting, - Earth

I have'nt had a chance to find the front one yet :bang:

ansett727rma

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega
Front Power accessory Power Plug FOUND

I have located the front power accessory plug (designed for the front cigarette lighter in the 'Smokers Pack')

It is located on the right side under the Stereo / Heater controls.

Access is by gently prying the front top right side console cover down and to the right side of the car. NOTE: the lower right side console cover will move aswell, and need to be refitted with the front top cover.

Wiring of this plug is the same as for the rear one. Please check with a multimeter or testlight to confiem which pin is which.:thumbsup: