Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wipers

jonny6guns

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS MALLOO UTE,HSV ENHANCED 5 LITRE
I have a vn exutive and the wiper doesnt work on intermittent and wipers stop mid window or where ever they are when i turn em off,Can I just replace the switch set up or is there something else I have to replace ?:bang:

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
I know with the VK's there's a white box under the A pillar under the dash on the driver side which is like a control box for them. When that craps itself, or when a wire is damaged or disconnected to it, the intermittent doesn't work, and yeah when u flick any option on, it will stop straight away when u flick it off, even if the wiper is halfway up ur window.

I'd assume the VN has something similar?

jonny6guns

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ill check under the dash in tha morning

jonny6guns

Reaction score
Members Ride
No box

Cant find tha little control box,got a set of switches for $25 on ebay so Ill put em in an see what happens.Any advice would be greatly appreciated:bow:...Thanx

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
I think that the timing circuit on VN is in the switch assembly. I had a similar fault which was caused by a cracked solder connection between the printed circuit board and the relay. $0 to resolder. Although you now have another switch, if that is the problem it might give you a spare (to resell on e-bay?) or help someone else.