Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Software On ELM Street - OBD2 Engine Diagnostic Software

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Software On ELM Street
SOE_Mainmenu_640px.png

SOE can be purchased directly from our website:
Click HERE to Purchase Software on ELM Street!

What does SOE do?
SOE is an OBD2 engine diagnostic software that has been purely designed for Holden commodores. Its advanced dynamic parameter ID setup routines and Holden specific fault definitions topped off with a very user friendly interface make it the ultimate diagnostic solution for OBD2 Holdens.

The sole purpose for SOE is to provide diagnostic information for Holdens. Every last feature has been built to support and work on commodores and is the only software available on the web that explicitly supports Holdens. Other softwares support various manufactures providing only very generic useless information, this is not very helpful when trying to repair a technical issue!

SOE fully supports all Holden fault codes, freeze data and parameter ID's just like expensive mechanic tools. The big difference is SOE is affordable for the average joe, and provides a simple "one-click" interface making it a breeze to get connected and logging!

Got a fault? Engine light constantly flashing and beeping? Or thinking of purchasing a new commodore?
Then SOE is the tool for you! We recommend using this software to read out the current,history and pending faults of the vehicle.All of this information can indicate any immediate issues with a vehicle, as well as history issues, or even intermittent problems that may be reoccurring!

Which vehicles are supported for SOE?
Currently the supported OBD2 Holden Vehicles are:
•VT V8 LS1 (ECU)
•VX V8 LS1 (ECU)
•VY V8 LS1 (ECU)
•VZ V6 (ECU)
•VZ V8 LS1 (ECU)
•VZ V8 LS2 (ECU)
•VE V6 (ECU)
•VE V8 (ECU)

What Cable do I need for Software on ELM Street?
An ELM327 cable is required to use SOE which can be purchased from this link!.
Purchasing one of our ELM327 cables also includes a license for SOE. We highly recommend using only our ELM cables to ensure 100% compatibility and a fully functioning cable!

Why purchase from Envyous Customs?
We are a 100% Australian company, All our cables are carefully examined by our manufacture before we receive them. Once received we thoroughly tested our ELM327 cables on multiple vehicles, computers and software's to ensure the cable is working 100% before dispatch.We strictly adhere to our testing procedures to ensure our customers receive only the best from us.
Not all ELM cables are the same! There are 1000's of horror stories, or bad experiences of people purchasing an ebay $6 special to receive a cable that does not work, does not connect, or keeps dropping out! We guarantee our ELM327 cables work 100% from within Australia to prevent such frustrating experiences!

Most importantly, all ELM327 purchases from us receive a free license to our Holden diagnostic software SOE which is the ONLY Holden dedicated software available to read all Holden specific fault codes and Holden specific engine data!

What else can I do with an ELM327 cable?
Currently, the ELM327 main purpose is to provide professional diagnostic capabilities utilizing our diagnostic software. But we also have another software called "Unlock My ECU" which is used for unlocking tuner locked ECU's to allow read/writing a tune in a previously locked ECU!.

"Software on ELM Street" (SOE) is our Engine AND Transmission diagnostic software.

"Unlock My ECU!" (UME) is our ECU unlocking software, capable of unlocking ALL tuner locked ECUs!

Does SOE get updates?
It definitely does! New features and information is constantly being added to SOE to provide the best user experience.

What to do if you get stuck or confused getting setup?
Customer service and quick support is something Envyous Customs prides itself on!
If you have any questions, problems or just want to know more about OBD2 please send us an email! We will answer back as soon as possible and help where possible!
Please contact directly at: [email protected]

Checkout the diagnostic software in Action from our Youtube videos below!
oftware on ELM Street Demonstration and Setup
[YOUTUBE]xYfLMOc4B0w[/YOUTUBE]

Unlock My ECU! (UME) - Unlock Tuner Locked ECU
[YOUTUBE]FQg0G4p-onY[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Some answers to a few common questions I had for SOE:

No this program is not VIN locked to one vehicle, it can be used on as many vehicles as you want!

And the ECU unlocking is not instantaneous, it can take between 1-5days to unlock an ECU when brute forcing! And yes, your car battery WILL die without a charger or using a bench power supply!

Feel free to keep asking questions! Ill answer as soon as I can.

Last edited:

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Software on ELM Street (SOE) has had a MAJOR update (v0.0.1.6), and now supports more engine data, more fault codes and now supports Transmission data!

Not only that, it also now supports save/load/replay engine data! Allowing for fine control over replaying your live engine information to identify intermittent issues, track day performances and much more!

Remember, All of our ELM327 cable purchases come with a license for Software on ELM street!

Checkout the new live demonstration on a VE SS LS2 V8!
[YOUTUBE]xYfLMOc4B0w[/YOUTUBE]

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Wow, and I mean wow! The recent feedback that SOE has been receiving has been fantastic, heres just a few of the many thats been sent through:

"Im not great with computers but SOE was really easy to use! Keep up the good work!"

"I wish I found SOE earlier, Holden charged twice its price just to read out the fault code and nothing else."

"SOE to the rescue! Fixed the the fault within the day. Read out the fault, got replacement part from supercheap then cleared the fault. Very happy customer!"

" I was skeptical at first cause I paid $90 for some other useless software called TOAD. But SOE did exactly what I wanted without and problems, thankyou for the honest product."

"Thankyou for explaining which diagnostic cable and software I needed Jason. No-one else would give me a straight answer and was getting mixed answers between OBD1 or OBD2. Wanted something easy to use and received exactly that, will definitely buy your products again"

Thanks for the feedback guys! SOE will have some minor updates rolling out soon to add in more engine and transmission data support as well as some other little technical bits and pieces.
And within the next month, SOE will be hit with a MAJOR upgrade and restyle to optimize speed and ease-of-use!

Decksta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II S, VZ Adentura, JH II Cruze, VL Wag ned2sell
Hey Tazzi,

does it have all the dtc readable and what they are? 3.6 190kw

What PID does it have for 5l40e - 5 speed auto vz

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Hey Tazzi,

does it have all the dtc readable and what they are? 3.6 190kw

What PID does it have for 5l40e - 5 speed auto vz

Hi Decksta,

SOE has all the fault definitions possible in a VZ V6 ECU and TCM (Engine and transmission controllers). SOE uses Holden specific reading routines which allows it to read out those Holden specific faults and engine/transmission data. Other generic OBD2 software or even tools such as the supercheapauto obd2 scantool will not read these 'Holden specific' faults as they do not use the complex Holden routines to obtain them.

Next, on startup SOE checks with your cars TCM to see which PIDs are supported. So what does that mean? Well it means there is no 'defined' supported PIDS for each car,ecu and tcm. SOE is smart software that actually detects which ones are supported in your vehicle and it is that list that you can choose from.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Hi Tazzi

Can you please confirm compatibilty with BT OBDLink MX

http://www.obdlink.com/mxbt/

Any Chrissie pricing for forum folks? <G>
Personally haven't used the OBDLink MX BT on SOE, so I cant give an exact answer on that.

Being a scantool.net product, it should support everything needed. Its more the fact that its bluetooth which Im unsure how the 'lag' may affect the software as it was only intended for fast USB devices.

At $100aud plus shipping from the U.S, its probably not worth the gamble. Youd go better just getting the full kit directly from my store. It also ends up much cheaper as getting the MX from the states plus shipping and SOE license will be upwards of $180+. In comparison to a full kit from my website at $80 plus shipping which includes a SOE license.

In the end its up to you!

Deucez

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 Ve omega series 2 wagon
Can this clear my auto headlight feature by telstra?

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
Any ideas on when you will have more SOE and OBD2 kits back in stock?