Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Adventra mods

relaxed_diplomacy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Adventra
Hi, i'm new to this forum.

I have some modification ideas for an adventra and want to learn more about the car to see how feasible the mods are. I have a fair amount of modification background.

What diff ratios and diff locks are available? Is there anything special to know about the front diff other than the fact it's bolted to the engine sump?

I have read that the transfer case is a gear type (chosen for smaller size compared to chain type) and is the same as fitted to the territory and X5 (?). Does anyone think it could be replaced with a low-range type transfer case, any cases in mind? The front driveshaft is on the left of the motor.

sjp770

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Sedan Manual LS3, VY II Adventra LS1 CX8
Thread Necro here i know - but has anyone looked at lockable diffs at least with the adventras? The Transfer case on a late 2004 VYII V8 (which runs a VZ powertrain) is a New Process NV124GM (New Venture) and is gear driven not chain driven like the BMW X3 / X5. The trans is a 4L60E.

Would be nice to have an electronic engaged low range but I think with clearances thats probably a dream. I think the most that would just bolt on is a locker for the rear diff - I saw one listed for VY commies but it stated not adventra - would that just be because of the ratio not matching the front diff?

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
you would be able to get a Detroit locker for it as a guess they seam available for every thing else I doubt air lockers are available if you want to go 4 wheel driving something that has bigger wheels more ground clearance more articulation and a real transfer case would be cheaper and go alot further.
Why do landrovers (D1 D2) go so far with single wheelers?

Reaction score
Members Ride
Adventra LX8 & LX6
Join Adventra and all wheel drive Holden group on Facebook... Best resource and tonnes of mod help