Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyre pressure 215/60/R16 95V

KustomKulture62

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Specialized Hardrock Sports Disc 29er
This is something I've never thought about having had only 15'' tyres before, today I had 4 new 16'' tyre fitted and latter I checked the pressure and I find theres 52 things of pressure. Now I'm wondering if the larger the tyre size the more air pressures required.

Last edited:

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II S-pac V6 Ute / VZ SV6 Sedan / VZ R8
Tyre shops always pump the pressure right up to max unless you specifically tell them what you want.

First thing I usually do after a tyre fitment is drive to the service station and purge/fill the tyres with the correct pressure.
Buy one of those magnetic tyre gauges and leave it on your fuel flap or in the glovebox.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Tyre shops always pump the pressure right up to max unless you specifically tell them what you want.

Why would they do that?? They should set your pressures for you.

34-36psi is a good pressure for a softer ride around town, I pump mine up to 40psi before long trips on the highway though (better fuel economy)

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II S-pac V6 Ute / VZ SV6 Sedan / VZ R8
Why would they do that?? They should set your pressures for you.

34-36psi is a good pressure for a softer ride around town, I pump mine up to 40psi before long trips on the highway though (better fuel economy)

Must be one of their procedures. Because every tyre fitting place I've gone to with numerous cars (Tyrepower, Tuff Tyres, Beaurepairs, Bridgestone) have all pumped the replacement to the maximum pressure stated on the tyre, unless you tell them what you want. They don't even tyre shine your sidewalls anymore. Bloody slack if you ask me.

It could be just Mt Isa tyre fitment places though.

That's just my experience.

Gorilla62

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Ford Ranger
Thanks guys, I'll go let some air out and yes a softer ride for the outback Qld roads sounds perfect.
31.05.13 update - Hubby now tells me he travelled 100klms on the tyres at 50 odd thingys and I go let out some air and he's thinking WTF has happened.

Last edited:

VRSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 6-Speed
I sell tyres as a job and I nor any of the fitters would ever pump tyres up to Max pressure unless the customer specifically asked for it. That size tyre always 34-36 except if towing or country driving as said above

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
The VS 15s always ran 36psi.
The VE 18s 36psi

Android

Reaction score
Website
www.androidsnetwork.com
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY9.5
Maybe related, or maybe not....

We've returned recently from a trip to Victoria and found when we got back behind one rear wheel lots of tiny bits of rubber all over the back of the car, its only on one side... all tyres are the same type, the rear were at 39psi, front at 36, just wondering, could this be a possible alignment issue with the wheel, faulty tyre, or just paranoia?

CONROD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER 6.0l 6 Sp
This something I've never thought about having had only 15'' tyres before, today I had 4 new 16'' tyre fitted and latter I checked the pressure and I find theres 52 things of pressure. Now I'm wondering if the larger the tyre size the more air pressures required.

You,ll probably find their regulator is set to 50psi +- 5psi and they just hold their finger on the trigger,that way its (popping )the tyres on the bead,pumping the tyres up,all in one hit.Saves them from thinking & Depending how far up the road you checked them,if they had got up to operating temp,then the pressure will increase a few psi.
Follow VRSS advice